Mumbai, the ‘dream city’ of India, clearly owes its title. Being the major entertainment and business hub of India, Mumbai boasts views that’d leave anyone astonished. Any visitor is sure to gasp in awe looking at the hustlers marching in well-groomed suits, the monuments/temples/buildings adorning the beauty & glam of the city, and active transport all around. It is one of the cities where you can easily spot a shooting going on and get a chance to become part of hundreds of fans gathered around.
Places to visit in Mumbai:
- Juhu Beach: This is the longest and most favorite beach in Mumbai, and is undoubtedly the most visited part of the city. If you’re a nature lover, you’re sure to enjoy the sunset or sunrise, with a hint of cool breeze on the beach. Juhu beach is famous for its wide variety of street food with real Mumbai flavor. If not street food, you can also dine at the surrounding famous cafes, restaurants, and pubs.
- Gateway of India: Nicknamed as 'Mumbai's Taj Mahal', Gateway of India is one of the most popular tourist hotspots of Mumbai. Right at the Apollo Bunder Waterfront, the building overlooks the Arabian Sea in the most beautiful way. The dramatic structure of the monument is a beautiful junction of Indian, Arabic, and Western architecture.
- Bandra Worli Sea link: Officially registered as ‘Rajiv Gandhi Sea Link’, the Bandra Worli Sea link is one of the few bridges that is a cable-stayed with pre-stressed concrete-steel viaducts to hold it in place. This eight-lane sea link is undoubtedly an astonishing blend of natural beauty and man-made marvel. The fun fact about the sea link is that the length of steel wires used in the project is equivalent to the circumference of the Earth.
- Prince of Wales Museum: The Prince of Wales museum is one of the most prestigious heritage buildings in India. Embellished with stone and lattice work, the architecture of the museum is a blend of Indian, Mughal, and British engineering styles. The museum holds some of the most exquisite artifacts portraying the rich and diverse history of India.
- Essel World: Essel World is one of the most famous amusement parks in India. EsselWorld and Water Kingdom together make one of Asia's largest amusement parks. With a number of exciting rides and entertainment, Essel World and the Water Kingdom is a favorite summer destination for many families. After a hectic visit to the city, a trip to Essel World is must cheer you up.
- Marine Drive: to sneak out of the swift Mumbai-lifestyle, people seek peace in the Marine Drive. This arc-shaped beachfront give a rest to your steady heartbeat and soothes your mind which energizes you to get through the day. The beach looks divine in night light and gives major ‘wander goals’.
- Kanheri Caves: The Kanheri Caves is a group of alcoves and rock-cut monuments that portrays the Buddhist influence on the Indian art and culture. The caves are famous for its 109 special entrances and ancient sculptures, carvings, paintings, and inscriptions dating from the 1st century to the 10th century that adorn their basalt formations.
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is the only major airport serving Mumbai. The airport started its operation in 1942 and serves as the hub for Air India, Jet Airways, and SpiceJet.
Plan your trip to Mumbai with Travelslake and get exclusive deals and discounts to make your trip memorable and pocket-friendly. Choose from our cheap flights, one-way flights, non-stop flights to get at this dream destination. If you’re a student or a senior citizen, you’re sure to get extra perks to enjoy your trip better.